Monday, December 24, 2012

Alaska Part 1

On the way to Camp

tying flies for BC


DAY1
Skilak Lake


Kenai River 'Bows



DAY 2
















DAY 3




The Kenai river was not what I expected. I guess in my head I had the Naknek or the Klickitat: something out of a Simms advertisement. But the Kenai with the guidance of two guide friends Ben and Brian was unbelievable. I learned so many ideas and tricks to rigging bead set ups, fish behavior, guiding on a drift boat... Of course western Alaska is the mecca, but the Kenai is where you can arguably find the biggest King Salmon and Wild rainbow trout in the world. And the coolest part, the Kenai is swing-able in many spots. I'll also tell you, if you want to be hardened as a guide work in Alaska. The fish are plentiful, but the work is hard, the expectations are high, the gear is complicated and the hours are long. I have so much respect for those guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment