Tuesday, December 25, 2012

My Brother's Christmas Present

A balmy 15 degrees on public water

On the swing! 

Christmas has involved fishing in one way or the other for my brother and I for the last three years. This year it involved the whole family. My brother and I bought my mom a new fly box and filled it with all of the patterns we fish, along with a couple of store bought flies. My present to my brother was a new fishing jacket and new versions of two flies I have been working on, and we got my dad a pair of waders. The guy who got us into fly-fishing as youngsters, twenty-two years later has decided that he wants to fish as well.  But the most amazing part is watching my brother fall in love with the sport as I have. He is very fishy, and has caught some serious fish, but just recently has the bug set in. That was my best present... seeing my brother pick fishing on Christmas over skiing over skiing 9 inches of new snow.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back posting again Charlie, I've been missing your updates! Alaska looks awesome, that Dolly is my favorite pic.
    -DTF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danny, it took a little motivation. And I still worry about what to post and not post. The crowded fishing this fall really got me down, but I'm over it, and there is no place I'd rather be, other than maybe Smithers BC. AK was rad, but steelheading is where it's at.

      Delete
  2. Yea I know what your saying. I only made it to the Dream Stream once this fall because the crowds were so bad. I definitely contemplate which pictures to throw up on DTF and what ones to keep to myself but have come to the realization everyone knows about the DS Taylor and Pan. The other spots you always do a good job of taking the picture or cropping so that places aren't as obvious and if people recognize them then they already know about them.
    Anyways, just a bitter sweet aspect of the sport we love becoming so popular.
    Happy Holidays man and maybe ill catch you on the water sometime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, "if they recognize them, they already know about them." I'd love to meet up on the river sometime

      Delete